Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Guinea's, egg sales, & roo questions

So out of curiosity I googled how to incubate guinea eggs, because although I don't like the birds, they might be good to eat... and in the process I was able to find an incubator for $40 at TSC, and an egg turner for the same price, same store.  So now I just need to find a circulation fan on amazon ($30 + $12 S&H)... $122 in all... but in smaller bites... or bite the bullet, spend $116 (new) or $110 (used) off amazon and get all three for less of a cost.

In other news I counted how much I had made this month from egg sales, and was pleasantly surprised to realize that I had more than enough to buy those Easter Egger Chick's I found at the Cedar Creek Hatchery.  I was going to let them go, thought perhaps I had enough chickens, but then again, by the time they are born I may be close to 4x as much as I need, so I could potentially afford to drive up like I planned.  I wasn't sure how I was going to pay for the fuel to get up to the hatchery (2-hours away).


I'm not sure if my 1 jersey giant roo will be able to cover all the girls, but then again perhaps I need to just let nature take its course and if I end up with chicks, cool, if not, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and caring enough to comment!!