Sunday, April 27, 2014

RIP: First beepla has died

While sitting in church this morning my sister texts me to tell me that while checking on my baby chicks she's found one curled up in the far corner that has died.  The other chicks didn't seem to care two hoots about it, but there are drag marks as if it knew it was dying and tried to get away from the others.

When I brought them home, one of the Americauna's had jumped out of my hand and landed on the ground really hard.  I was keeping an eye out for one of them to have problems, not one of my black jersey giants.

I'm disappointed, and have to make the assumption that this BJG was either weaker than the others, got pushed out from under the heat lamp for a little bit too long, or just got too weak for whatever reason.  I also have to keep in mind that death is a part of life and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and caring enough to comment!!