Monday, May 19, 2014

Daddy Frog's been biten by the Chicken bug!

Well, he did it.  He got bit by the chicken math!  Ahahaha!!  He can't say a word to me anymore!

He was supposed to pick up 1 Golden Sebright (Bantam) Rooster... but he came home with 10 + 1:  1 Golden Sebright Roo, 1 Silver Sebright hen, 3 Silver Duckwing, 2 Mille Fleur d'Uccle (1 roo for sure, possibly 1 & 1), & 4 of a white breed I'm unfamiliar with that when googled comes up as an "Red Pyle Old English Game".  Hmm... interesting.

I've put them into the empty rabbit cages temporarily until he can built his planned chicken coop/run.  I would let them free range if 1) I knew my standard breeds wouldn't kill them & 2) If I knew they wouldn't get eaten by a hawk.

I think he plans to use an old swing set, cover it with chicken wire and formulate a house for them within it, then put wheels on it so he can roll it around the yard. Sounds like a good plan to me! :-)

I imagine it will turn out looking something like this:



2 comments:

Thank you so much for reading and caring enough to comment!!